About this website
This website www.syntheticcell.eu is the website of a bottom-up scientific initiative of European scientists and institutions towards the creation of synthetic cells.
Personal data that we process
We ask for personal data:
- Upon submitting your profile to the community page
- Upon registration to symposia and other events
- Through the contact form
What data do we ask?
Depending on the specific case a subset of the following data is asked:
- Email address (will never be shown)
- Affiliation website
- Statement of support/comment
- Dietary requirements
What do we do with your data?
We use the data only for the purpose indicated on the submission forms, namely:
- The purpose of adding your profile on the community page with your affiliation and specialization in the field of bottom-up synthetic cell research is to expand your network and show your work to other scientists and interested companies.
- In case of symposia and events: for organizational and logistics purposes.
- Submitted testimonials of support are reported solely on the webpage. They are not used for other purposes or documents.
- To reply to the requests submitted through the contact form.
How and how long do we store your data
- All the data collected are stored exclusively at Delft University of Technology, where the Synthetic Cell Initiative office is located.
- Data collected to organize events are destroyed after the event.
- The synthetic cell office keeps overviews of the submitted testimonials of support and the comments submitted through the contact forms. These overviews are kept in principle. for the length of the duration of the initiative.
Sharing of your personal data with third parties
All the information submitted through this website will be used only for the purpose it is submitted for. It will not be shared with third parties at any moment.
View, modify or delete your data
At any moment you can ask us to view, modify or delete the data you submitted through the website. Please send a request through our contact form.
Cookies or similar techniques that we use
Our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
Updating our privacy statement
The office of the Synthetic Cell Initiative reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time. Changes will be published on our website. We recommend that you regularly visit our website for the most recent version of this document.
Delft, May 2022